Subject: Re: scsi/rz lossage in 1.3 branch.
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/19/1998 12:00:13
On Nov 18, 12:07am, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> >Just out of curiosity, how much work would it be to move just the TC
> >DECstations to use the ordinary NetBSD SCSI?
>
> ``A lot''.

  I wouldn't exactly say that :-)

> Micheal Hitch redid it from scratch and now has it working properly,
> save for kernel coredumps. We already have device numbers reserved for
> this. Look for it in 1.4.  it still uses the pmax asc driver, tho'.

  All I did was take Tohru's code that used the MI ncr53c9x code and got
it working for both the IOASIC and TC SCSI options.  The primary hangup
with it now is that kernel coredumps don't work [the driver keeps timing
out;  I haven't had a chance or the ambition to tackle that problem yet].

  The current version can't coexist with the rz driver, which would still
be needed for the SII SCSI machines, so it mean two different kernels to
provide support for both classes of machines (SII and 53c94).

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant