Subject: What's wrong with my sendmail?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <sonnie@263.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/15/1998 06:31:48
Hi, I'm running sendmail on NetBSD 1.3.2 for DECsystem 5000/260.
The flags of the sendmail daemon are "-bd -q30m".
I tried to mail myself by `mail my_id'. When I finished the context with
a `.', the system told me:
`hash map "Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/aliases: No such file or directory'
But the `/etc/aliases' DOES exist. Why?

Another confusing thing: When I type `mail' to view letter, I cannot delete
it by typing a `d' after the `&' prompt, it says:
`Unable to lock mailbox: Permission denied'
The attribute of the `/var/mail' is `drwxrwxr-x':

$ ls -l /var/mail
-rw-------  1 root     mail    198414 Nov 15 03:16 root
-rw-------  1 my_id    mail       308 Nov 15 14:17 my_id

I tried to use `pine', but it also gave me an error:
`[Bad context, No '[' in context : mail]'

The version of `pine' is 3.96.

Thank you in advance.
Yours, sonnie

欢迎使用首都在线免费电子邮箱http://freemail.263.net