Subject: re: Re: Problems with serial console
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Terry R. Friedrichsen <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/09/1998 15:31:38
Michael Moll wrote:

>> With my DEC 240

> My machine can neither send nor receive(!!!).

Well, FWIW, I just upgraded venus here to a 5000/240 that was laying
around unused, and *neither* of the serial ports coming out the back
of it function (I use a serial port to control a robot optical disk
changer).  I suspect, without really knowing, that the two serial
ports in back are run by one double-channel DUART, which is blown, so
both my serial ports are gone.  In that circumstance, a serial console
is gonna be broken, too - so maybe that's what's happened to your
machine.

> All three TurboChannel-Slots had cards in them. The first one is labeled
> "parallel port" and has an appropriate Sub-D connector

A TC *parallel port*?  Really?  I didn't know there was such a beast!

I *need* one!  Does anybody know anything about this?  Does Ultrix
support it, or is it a third-party board?  Will NetBSD/pmax talk to
it?

I seriously want my DECstation to talk to a parallel-port CCD camera
(yeah, I know I should just spring for one of those 450 MHz Intel
boxes instead, but yeeech ...); if there's a driver available for this
board, and you have no use for it, I'd be interested in buying it from
you ...

Terry R. Friedrichsen

terry@venus.sunquest.com