Subject: Re: Problems with serial console
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Moll <kvedulv@decstation.chiemgau.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/09/1998 17:36:21
Hi there,

On 09-Nov-98 Tim Austwick wrote:

> With my DEC 240 i've had similar experiences. If i connect a dumb termina
> to it, and enter setenv console s it appears to switch to the serial port
> for i/o but i can only INPUT. Ie, nothing siplays on the dumb terminal,
> but if i type 'reset' i can see all the lights flash, so i can obviously

My machine can neither send nor receive(!!!). Now I presume that the
»>>«-Prompt is password-protected on my machine. From another decstation-
mailinglist I got the hint to short a jumper to erase the password but this
didn´t help. When I come to my ISP the next time I´ll check the two other
240s we have. With our 5000/200 we never had such a problem although we got
it from the same source. Can the 200 also have a protected prompt?

Another thing:
All three TurboChannel-Slots had cards in them. The first one is labeled
»parallel port« and has an appropriate Sub-D connector, but I have no idea
what the two others are good for. The second one has no connectors to the
outside and is labeled »Image ACC Daughter Board«. The third one is labeled
»UHRFB Duaghter Board« and has two 15-pin Sub-D connectors to the outside.
Any ideas?

SeeYa
--
 Fax  :  +49 89 66617 26912