Subject: Packages on a pmax
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Moffitt <nick@zork.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/09/1998 09:01:34
	Well, I'm new to the BSD way, I suppose, but I just set up the
packages on my 5000/25 this morning, and I'm curious about a few
things:

	What I did was copy the pkgsrc tree to my hard drive off of
CD2 from the 1.3.2 set that I purchased a while ago, minus the
distfiles directory, which I symlinked over to the distfiles directory
on the mounted CD-ROM drive.
	I went into the makefiles and commented out the "PATH +=
foopkg" type stuff that I didn't want (basically SQL, emacs, and audio
stuff.  I was looking for a quick savings in drive space).
	I made an mk.conf file, but I only changed some of the path
info and changed /usr/pkg to /usr/local.

	I just did a make and got on the train for work.  Now, I'm
curious whether or not the build process will be smart enough to just
give up on packages that won't compile.  I know that some things
aren't supported, so I'm wondering if I'll get home to find that make
exited completely with some error 1 or 2 early in the installation, or
if I'll get home to find a happily compiling machine.

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of