Subject: odd scsi errors when booting on my 200...
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Austwick <tima@tardis.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/09/1998 14:18:17
Im trying to get netbsd onto a 5000/200 ive got sitting at home. I managed
to get the miniroot onto a small (100meg) scsi disk, by just cat'ing it to
the scsi drive under linux. Now when i boot it all seems to go fine, but
does this:

(configuring KN02 system slot as asic)
auto configuration done, sp1 back at 0x0
Beginning old style SCSI device autoconfiguration
asc_intr: IN dmalen 6 len 4 fifo 2
asc_intr: 1: bn0 len4 (fifo 2)
asc0 tgt 0 status 0 ss 0 ir - cnd 0:118 msg 0 resid 0
[repeated about a screenful of times]

KN02-AA v5.3c PC 0x80031290 SP 0xffffe908

[now im back at the console prompt].

Any ideas what any of this is about? Ive also tried getting it to boot on
my 240, but i gave up on that and though id start with the 200.

Is it something to do with not running 'disklabel' and just cat;ing the
image to the drive? If so, can i get disklabel for Linux? I dont have
another netbsd machine...

Thanks for any help!!

Tim Austwick