Subject: Re: X on Kupe (DS5000/125)
To: Michael Brown <michael@supermathie.dynip.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/06/1998 15:13:09
On Nov  6,  4:52pm, Michael Brown wrote:
> I've compiled the NetBSD-current kernel successfully, and X works! Hurrah!
> I'm using the 1.3.2 userland, and it works nicely except for a few caveats
> (ps-tools)
> [michael@kupe /home/michael]$ ps
> ps: proc size mismatch (8352 total, 648 chunks)

  You will need to reuild several things - assuming you have only 1.3.2 stuff
other than the kernel, you will need to do at least:

	o install all the -current includes
	o rebuild and install libc
	o rebuild and install libkvm
	o rebuild and install ps

> And when I use the mouse, the cursor appears about 2 inches to the right of
> where the server thinks it is. It stops 2 inches to the right of the left side
> of the screen, and goes offscreen to the right, and the window highlighting
> and clicking acts as though it was 2 inches to the left... strange. :-)

  Let me guess - you have an sfb [PMAGB-BA] graphics adapter and it's jumpered
with an alternate clock to give a 1024x8?? display?  If so, you need
to get the pmax/dev/bt459.c that should have become available today [Friday]
on the SUP server or ftp server.  The cursor positioning needs different
offsets for the alternate resolution mode of the PMAGB-BA.

  [If you aren't using a PMAGB-BA in the lower resolution, then I'm not sure
what the problem would be.]

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu