Subject: Tape drive update
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: bob evinger <revinger@marshallonline.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/02/1998 20:51:04
For those that have responded, thank you. I modified conf-glue.c
recompiled the kernel and now am getting farther.

The error that I am now getting when I attempt to use the
drive is on the console:

    tz1: Illegal request, end of media seen
    tzcommand: resid 17

Anyone recognize this error. I did not have a "real" 8mm data
tape so attempted to use an 8mm video tape. Is the case on
a video tape notched in some way that the hardware would not
allow it to be used? Or am I dealing with somethine else...

If it matters, the drive is an Exabyte EXB-8200 rev 254A

	bob

Bob Evinger   |  19250 N. Livingston Road | revinger@marshallonline.com
WD9EKA        |  Marshall, IL 62441       |