Subject: Re: X configuration
To: bob evinger <revinger@marshallonline.com>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/01/1998 11:39:23
On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, bob evinger wrote:

> failed to set default font path '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/, etc'
> Fatal server error:
> could not open default font 'fixed'
>
> And now that I type this and look at the screen I see that fixed is not
> listed in the path of failed to set fonts. So maybe I have 2 problems???

Two things:
1) did you unpack the xfont tarball?
2) do you have xfs (the X font server) running as well as starting your X
   server with the "-fp tcp/localhost:7100" option?  This is documented
   in README.pmax in /usr/X11R6/bin/README.pmax

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
    "anything but analog, man.  two cans and string beats dealing with
     resetting stuck modems, no matter how many insane whack-ass expect
     scripts [written] to deal with 'em." -- Skeezics Boondoggle