Subject: Tape Drives?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: bob evinger <revinger@marshallonline.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/01/1998 09:39:26
I have a question concerning tape drives. I have my 3100 installed and
useable with 1.3.2. I have a TK50 and an external exabyte 8mm, 2G tape
drive. I have not tried using the TK50 with NetBSD, but when I try
the exabyte with the default rmt nodes I get a message:
	mt: /dev/rmt0: Device not configured

I tried for rmt1 - 3. Did not see any references in the faq's about
the tape drives. The prom sees the drive as address 7 even though the
address switch on the drive is set to 5. Seems to always see it
as 7 regardless of address switch.

Anybody, used one of these drives successfully or have a clue. I plan
on cabling the tk50 up later today and see if it behaves the same or not.

	thanks
	bob

Bob Evinger   |  19250 N. Livingston Road | revinger@marshallonline.com
WD9EKA        |  Marshall, IL 62441       |