Subject: cutting over to EGCS, UVM
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/27/1998 20:59:17
hi all,

my 5000/150 is now
  a)  using egcs as teh default C compiler
  b) running with shared libraries from /usr/src/lib
      compiled with egcs
  c) running a kernel with UVM

and busily compiling itself into the ground re-building the world with
UVM and EGCS. So I plan to cut at least the pmax port over to EGCS and
UVM, just as soon as the EGCS-related changes are all in the tree.

I think newsmips and arc are up to tsubai and Soda, respectively.
over.

Enormous thanks to Michael Hitch for finding and fixing the pmap bugs
that caused problems with UVM, and to Todd Vierling and Castor Fu for
the help with getting egcs-1.1 working reliably (at least for C code).