Subject: Installing Decstation 3100, problem
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: bob evinger <revinger@marshallonline.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/27/1998 21:36:50
I have a 3100 that I acquired recently. Config is 3 rz55's and 1
rz56, currently loaded with Ultrix 4.4. I also have a TK50 and
an Exabyte 8mm tape drive and 19" monitor. I have downloaded
the 1.3.2 binaries. I have 2 linux boxes with it on an ethernet
at home. Price: $40.00. Okay so I use to work with the guy and he got
tired of it taking up space in his garage since he wasnt using it.

The problem, I am able to boot netbsd, using the suggested ultrix method
of dding the root filesystem onto the swap drive. However, I can not get
the root filesystem mouted writeable. The instructions that I have printed
both the guide for the impatient and the full blown instructions refer
to a command of 'mount /dev/rz0b' to mount it writeable. However when
I do this I get a message about no /etc/fstab and one other message
that alludes me at this point.

Am I missing something here or is the instructions that I printed out
of date. I attempted to look at the list archives but my ISP leaves
something to be desired for reliabilty and finally decided this might
be the quickest way to get an answer or at least a direction.

	thanks
	bob

Bob Evinger   |  19250 N. Livingston Road | revinger@marshallonline.com
WD9EKA        |  Marshall, IL 62441       |