Subject: Re: Looking for a really "compatible" CD-ROM drive
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/27/1998 14:58:33
> I don't know about CD-roms that DEC used, but the ones I've seen on
> Sun boxes all use a 512 byte sector size. Most current CD-ROMs
> (afaict) default to 2048 sectors. A drive that you can set the sector
> size might help.....

DECstations require 512 byte sector size of CDROM drive to work properly.

RRD42/RRD44 CD-ROM (Toshiba OEM?) have jumper selectors between 512 byte
(pretending harddisk) and 2048 byte (standard).

RWZ21 "Magoneto Optiocal Disk" drive also has 512 byte sector size.  (I
have no experience of it with NetBSD/pmax, though)

Tohru Nishimura
Information Technology Centre
Nara Institute of Science and Technology