Subject: Re: new -current snapshot 1998-10-25
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/26/1998 23:13:06
On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> I'm interested in hearing how this works on
>     b) 3100s.  the ibus-attach stuff should be fixed, but i havent
>        yet duplicated the PR about tty state-munging (I'm using
>        a serial console on mine, not enough keyboards).

You read my mind... I've been trying to get a new kernel on this 2100
for ages.  The one shipped here works.  (previous -currents would freeze
during BOOTP on my 2100.)

NetBSD 1.3H (GENERIC) #0: Mon Oct 26 13:08:37 PST 1998
    jonathan@Cuisinart.Stanford.EDU:/cuisinart/compile/GENERIC
DECstation 2100 or 3100 (PMAX)
real mem  = 12582912
avail mem = 9142272
using 307 buffers containing 1257472 bytes of memory
mainbus0 (root)
cpu0 at mainbus0: cpu0: MIPS R3000 CPU Rev. 2.0 with MIPS R3010 FPC Rev.  2.0
cpu0: 64kb Instruction, 64kb Data, direct mapped cache
kn01bus0 at mainbus0ibus0 at kn01bus0
pm0 at ibus0 (1024x864x1)
dc0 at ibus0
le0 at ibus0: address 08:00:2b:1c:05:c4
le0: 32 receive buffers, 8 transmit buffers
sii0 at ibus0
mcclock0 at ibus0: mc146818 or compatible
Beginning old-style SCSI device autoconfiguration
boot device: <unknown>
root device:

a caveat I've noticed with at least the 09-29 snapshot, [1] is that
tftpd turns into a zombie [2] after servicing a request, and the only
way to get rid of it is to kill and restart inetd.

[1] I'm busy downloading the 10-25 as I type
[2] just in time for Halloween

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
    "anything but analog, man.  two cans and string beats dealing with
     resetting stuck modems, no matter how many insane whack-ass expect
     scripts [written] to deal with 'em." -- Skeezics Boondoggle