Subject: Re: Troubles installing NetBSD onto Decstation 5000/125
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Michael Brown <michael@supermathie.dynip.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/26/1998 20:57:09
On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> Yup.  But I hope this will alsoget fixed in 1.3.3, rather than 1.4..
>
> There's also a -current snapshot with a kernel on ftp.netbsd.org.
> You could try netbooting the ecoff kernel. If it works, use it.
>
> (Note that the -current kernel has compatibliityfor 1.3.x turned on,so
> you can run a 1.3.x userland if the snapshot kernel works for you;
> that way you can use 1.3.3 when it comps out..)
I can't find the snapshot kernel for NetBSD-current. But I can see the
NetBSD-current tree.

I tried changing the video card to use 1280x1024 resolution, but the monitor
doesn't support it. There's two jumpers on the video card - one is
(Prom)
(out = Secure)

and the other is:
(Out=Osc0)
(Osc)
Oh well.

M.

--
Michael ``M.'' Brown
Computer Science, University of Waterloo