Subject: Re: Troubles installing NetBSD onto Decstation 5000/125
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/26/1998 14:31:08
>  What graphics device are you using?  This sounds like what the PMAGB-BA
>with an optional crystal will do.  The driver assumes 1280x1024 for all
>sfb adapters, but some can be jumpered to a different resolution or
>refresh frequency.  The PROM knows how to deal with this and presents
>a stable display, but NetBSD doesn't [unless you run -current].  If this
>is the case, your options are to use a serial console, or wait until the
>next NetBSD release.

Yup.  But I hope this will alsoget fixed in 1.3.3, rather than 1.4..

There's also a -current snapshot with a kernel on ftp.netbsd.org.
You could try netbooting the ecoff kernel. If it works, use it.

(Note that the -current kernel has compatibliityfor 1.3.x turned on,so
you can run a 1.3.x userland if the snapshot kernel works for you;
that way you can use 1.3.3 when it comps out..)