Subject: Re: Troubles installing NetBSD onto Decstation 5000/125
To: Michael Brown <michael@supermathie.dynip.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/26/1998 13:48:32
On Oct 26,  2:02pm, Michael Brown wrote:
> Whenever I boot the installation kernel over tftp, the display starts to
> interlace, and the scan lines start flying around the screen. It's kind of
> hard to describe, but that's pretty much it. I couldn't find mention of this
> before, any ideas?

  What graphics device are you using?  This sounds like what the PMAGB-BA
with an optional crystal will do.  The driver assumes 1280x1024 for all
sfb adapters, but some can be jumpered to a different resolution or
refresh frequency.  The PROM knows how to deal with this and presents
a stable display, but NetBSD doesn't [unless you run -current].  If this
is the case, your options are to use a serial console, or wait until the
next NetBSD release.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu