Subject: Re: Whoops...
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/21/1998 01:11:34
Excerpts from mail: 21-Oct-98 Re: Whoops...  by Simon Burge@telstra.com.
> I'll bet this is the problem - and it's even in the NetBSD/pmax FAQ now!
> Look at http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/pmax/faq.html#ld.so.  In short,
>
>         ln /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so /usr/libexec/ld.so
>
> will probably fix your problem.  If it doesn't, please let me know.

    It didn't seem to help.  Looking at my system, I have a ld.so, but
no ld.elf_so.  I guess this agrees with what I am seeing, I can execute
static and old binaries on my system, but anything else that was just
installed with base and comp (gcc, grep, etc) fail miserably.
Investigating the base and comp sets, neither contains
/usr/libexec/ld(anything)

    SO...  can somebody please provide me with a ld.elf_so binary?  I'd
prefer if I could grab it via ftp or http from somewhere, I'm only on a
28.8k link (and I want to avoid getting my email flooded with several
copies...  =)  Should I leave the old ld.so for old binaries, or delete
it and link it to ld.elf_so?  Prolly time to update the snapshot, or
build a new one...  =)

    Thanks for the help.

                                                          Will Ferry