Subject: Re: Installation problems...
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Henrik Laurila <laurila@bore.fysik.lu.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/17/1998 19:24:42
> I intended to net-boot a DECstation 5000/20, in order to install NetBSD,
> but I will only get this message:
>
> KN02-CA V2.0m    (PC: 0xbfc00c78, SP: 0x801fffe8)
> Boot: 3/rz0/vmunix
> open(3/rz0/vmunix) failed: 19
> Can't boot '3/rz0/vmunix'

First, thanks to all of you who have come with suggestions to solve my
problem.

^C did work, but by some reason I got a 'R>'-prompt and not a '>>' as
in every example.

I have tried:
boot 3/rz0/netbsd
boot 3/tftp
printenv

...but they all resulted in nothing but a new prompt.

The only command that had any other effect was a single:
boot

that would hang the CLI, but a ^C would free it.

I have tried the combination:
setenv haltaction h
setenv boot "3/rz0/netbsd -a"

but obviously no variables changed, because after a power-down the
system was trying to boot Ultrix as usual...

I would like to be able to net-boot the machine, but I have now anyway
raw-copied a NetBSD-diskimage to the disk. "rz0" is supposed to be the
first partition of the disk, right?
The disk is OK, I have tested to install a Linux ext2 file system on it
without any problems.

Any other suggestions of what my problems could be?

/Henrik