Subject: Looking for a 2100 diskimage on a Quantum Prodrive LPS 240Mb
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Ole Jakob Skjelten <olesk@stud.ntnu.no>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/15/1998 19:53:31
I have now in my possesion three 2100 DECstations, equipped with one
Quantum Prodrive LPS 240Mb SCSI disk each. I've no access to other NetBSD
system nor do I, for reasons to veird to describe here, have access to a
helper system with an ethernet card to boot the DECs via net. So, what I
wonder is if there is anybody out there with similiar disks on a DEC 2100
(they are rather common I believe), that could provide me with a usable
diskimage? I have tried the install image earlier, but it seemingly didn't
work very well, as I got a lot of random errors on the disks, and never
managed to get sysinst to complete the installation prosess (time out
errors, and disklabel crashing). Now, I know the hardware is ok, as they
were up and running Ultrix only a month ago, so it's getting rather
frustrating.

If anybody out there got a similiar disk with a working NetBSD installation
I could reach by ftp, please let me know. I am of course aware most people
would be rather reluctant to give away a image of their private disk, but
perhaps somebody has just recently installed NetBSD, and have an almost
"clean" system? It would be *really* appreciated. :)

Ole Jakob

PS: Does anybody know if mkfs, fdisk and mount under linux accepts NetBSD
partitions?
--
Ole Jakob Skjelten (olesk@stud.ntnu.no) www.stud.ntnu.no/~olesk
Tlf +47 73966054 / 91820113. Visit www.stud.ntnu.no/studorg/snow