Subject: Re: Install Problem
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/14/1998 09:35:29
> I currently have a TZ30 tape drive connected to my decstation
> 3100 the question I have is how do you install from tape. There does
> not appear to be a selection for tape drives in the sysinst menu fot
> this even though the docs mention installing from Tapes?!

As far as I know, sysinst in NetBSD/pmax is not designed for
installing from tape drive.   You have a working NetBSD machine and
distribution images on it, so I recommend you "installing via FTP
or NFS" way.

> I even tried dd and tarring but that only made the system crash.

Ouch, it's bad anyway.  NetBSD/pmax kernel should be corrected.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology