Subject: Install Problem
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: David M. Heller <dheller1@rochester.rr.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/13/1998 19:47:06
Hi

I wrote a Tk50 tape with base.tgz and etc.tgz on it with my MVII (with
NetBSD) . I also dd
the diskimage onto a spare scsi drive (rz0) and sysinst to rz2 which
will be my main drive
I currently have a TZ30 tape drive connected to my decstation 3100 the
question I have is how
do you install from tape. There does not appear to be a selection for
tape drives in the
sysinst menu fot this even though the docs mention installing from
Tapes?!  I even tried
dd and tarring but that only made the system crash.  Is this possible or
am I barking up
the wrong tree. The only other option I have is installing 1.2 and
upgrading cause I
have the 1.2 Netbsd disc.  Any comments or suggestions would be
appreciated

Thanks,
Dave