Subject: Re: simm question...
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/13/1998 08:18:57
Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>  wrote:
 > I pulled apart one of our 5100's, and it's got 6x 16MB simms (plus
 > some prestoserve, but I'll leave that out for now), each with 36x
 > TC514100J-10's (4Mx1?) - 18 on each side, layed out in two groups of 9.
 > Between the two groups of chips on one side looks like two DIP resistor
 > packages, and on the other side is 3 small black thingies - maybe
 > capacitors.  Stenciled on the edge of the board itself is "5019079-01".

nope.

My single-sided simms have 10 chips on them with pads on the backside
that aren't populated.  There are no other components on them
at all.  The chips are TC514400ASJ-70 which I presume is 4Mx4 70ns.

The double-sided simms are 10 chip each side, no other components,
with KM44C4000J-7 on them. I'm not sure what these are but they have
4 more pins on each chip than the aforementioned TC514400's so maybe
they're 8Mx4?

and again, 100 pin simms...

 > Are we talking about the same thing?

so apparently not.  maybe they're out of some Alpha or something?
Or a 5500? I got a lot of "send them to this address!" replies but
I suspect no one really knows what they are.

 > If you've got a 2100 or 3100 around, the 5000/1xx will take the same
 > simms (in pairs, for a maximum of 32MB).

yeah.  I gave away 16M of 2100 memory last year not thinking. Oh
well...

actually, I just ripped apart another 3100 I had lying around that I was
sure had nothing in it and found 8 simms of some description.

they're 80 pin and say BE3-1 on them and have 2 * 9 * MT4C1024DJ-10
on them... Maybe 2M simms?