Subject: Re: X11R6 status?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/13/1998 13:00:50
> The other constraint is that we need to emulate Xws _anyway_.  Because
> DEC never released the programming specs or Xserver source code for
> the "accelerated" framebuffer TC boards, and now even DEC doesn't have
> docs: all that's available is the DEC Ultrix Xserver binaries.

It's nice to build Xws emulation good enough to run ULTRIX binary. The
Xserver also has DisplayPostscript module inside.  It's really cute.
But, because all we have is the single binary which happens available
ULTRIX owner(s), and given technical difficulties (reverse engineering
to run the black box), I admit here it would be, ahh, a tough task.

Tohru Nishimura
Information Technology Centre
Nara Institute of Science and Technology