Subject: Re: Mounting the root fs rw
To: Simon Burge , Nick Moffitt <nick@zork.net>
From: Nick Moffitt <nick@zork.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/12/1998 23:25:33
On Tue, Oct 13, 1998 at 02:12:59PM +1000, Simon Burge wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:48:44 -0700, Nick Moffitt wrote:
>
> > I was able to mount the CD from ULTRIX (Though it didn't do
> > rockridge, and I had a devil of a time convincing it that it
> > shouldn't pretend to be VMS),
>
> Under Ultrix, something like:
>
> 	mount -r -o nodefperm,noversion -t cdfs /dev/rz4c /mnt

	That is indeed the way I mounted the CD under Ultrix.  It
mounted in all capital letters, and it did 8.3 filenames.

> should work (for at least Ultrix 4.4 and later - dunno about 4.3A and
> earlier).

	This may have been the problem, as this machine has Ultrix 4.3
on it.

> > Any ideas on how to reconfigure the boot console on this thing?
>
> It's a DECstation 5000/25 right?  Try the following:
>
> 	>> setenv boot "3/rz?/netbsd -a"

	Aha!  I'll try this out! (And yes, it is a 5000/25)

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of