Subject: DEC 5500?
To: None <port-pmax@mail.netbsd.org>
From: Brian Gaeke <brg@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/08/1998 13:45:38
We here at the UC Berkeley CSUA were wondering if the NetBSD group could
use a DEC 5500 and supporting equipment. This system works fine, and was
until recently in service as scotch.csua.berkeley.edu, our NFS, DNS, and FTP
server; it has since been retired and replaced.

Here's the inventory of pieces that it comes with:

DECsystem 5500 (KN220), MIPS R3000 with FPU
Unibus expansion architecture
Prestoserve NFS caching hardware
3 x MS220 RAM expansion boards and onboard RAM totalling 128 MB
3 x RZ57 (1 GB) DEC SCSI hard drives
4 x RA92 (1.4 GB) DEC MSCP hard drives in an external
  free-standing SDI/3 High Expansion case
DEC TK70 tape drive connected via DEC TQK70 Unibus tape controller
DEC VT320 console and cabling
ULTRIX 4.5 pre-installed

Cost: Shipping costs only (this is a fairly large system, and the
shipping costs are non-negligible).

-Brian Gaeke
Vice President, UC Berkeley CSUA

--
Brian R. Gaeke, UC Berkeley -- brg@uclink4.berkeley.edu
"the iguana / in the petshop window on St Catherine Street / crested,