Subject: Re: Shared-lib update for netbsd/pmax 1.3.2 on ftp.netbsd.org
To: Philip Tait <pjt@phxase.allied.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/07/1998 15:48:07
>Michael may not be able to spell his own name, but he certainly knows
>his compil er/linker options!  :-) 'make test' passed with flying
>colours.

>What is the procedure for getting the updated 'hints/netbsd.sh' into
>the Perl distribution?  Must it be approved by the NetBSD core before
>submission to the Perl "pumpking"(?) ?

I dont think Core deals with this stuff; the pkg people are more
likely to be interested.  For all I know the latest NetBSD pkg for
pmaxes may aliready do this.

I'd
    a) check with  Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>, to see
       if this also works on an Alpha. IIRC, it was Ross Harvey
       who suggested the export-all options in a message to  Arne
       Juul.  Maybe Ross or Arne has already sent this to the
       Perl maintainers.

    b)  check with the pkg people (tech-package@netbsd.org?),
        and see if they've done this and submitted a patch already;

    c) if not, go ahead and submit a patch that works for both.

>Thanks to Jonathan and Michael for resolving this problem.

You're welcome.  Don't forget Ross and Arne, though!