Subject: Re: TLB miss on a 5000/133
To: M?rten Zimmerman <mzi@stacken.kth.se>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/07/1998 01:06:32
On Tue, 06 Oct 1998 16:03:59 +0200  M?rten Zimmerman wrote:

> I have some trouble with running NetBSD 1.3.2 on my DECstation
> 5000/133. Probably it's all my fault but I'd like to get it confirmed.
>
> The real problem is that it seems to panic for no particular reason.
> Just by accessing memory. Like:
>
> ----
> #ifconfig le0 130.237.234.93
> trap: TLB miss (load or instr. fetch) in kernel mode

Most of our "failures" are fixed by making sure the CPU module is firmly
seated.  Power down, lift off the lid and firmly press the CPU daughter
card down.  They will take a reasonable amount of pressure.  At this
stage, I wouldn't suspect memory - I'd guess something CPU related,
especially if the failures are pretty random.

If course, if someone pipes up and says "this is a known software
problem", I take all of the above back!

Simon.