Subject: Re: Non-DEC HDs in a 5000/133 ?
To: Marc Gutschner <Marc.Gutschner@triplan.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/06/1998 23:17:26
On Tue, 06 Oct 1998 13:51:09 +0200  Marc Gutschner wrote:

> I appreciate any hints on how to get this dang machine boot from the
> internal HD. I have a (currently) useless pair of RZ23 (100MB drives) in
> my VS3100, but 100MB is a bit to tight to be useful ;)

While maybe not too much of a help, you could use one of the RZ23s as
a boot disk with just a root filesystem on it, and keep /usr, swap
and other stuff on your IBM disk.  That way you can still boot, and
everything will still fit inside your /133 (both HDs should fit under
the mounting plate that the RX23 mounts in).

Simon.