Subject: latest snapshot
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/06/1998 12:17:17
Hi,

I just installed the latest snapshot (the 1998-09-29 one), and have a
couple of oldish files left over that weren't updated:

	/usr/bin/elfstrip               from Aug 19 build
	/usr/bin/elf2ecoff              from Aug 19 build
	/usr/bin/elf2aout               from Aug 19 build
	/usr/bin/midiplay               from Aug 19 build
	/usr/libexec/ld.elf_so          from Aug 19 build
	/usr/libexec/ld.so              from Aug 19 build
	/usr/sbin/screenblank           from Aug 19 build

	/usr/bin/genclass               installed Sep 14
	/usr/bin/objcopy                installed May 21

Most of these haven't changed since I did a "make build" in August 19,
so I would guess that they're simply missing from the snapshot?  I'm
basing the following assumptions on the October 3 source tarballs, so
things could have changed.

I can see no obvious reason why elfstrip, elf2ecoff, elf2aout, midiplay,
ld* and screenblank should not have been built.

It looks like objcopy isn't built for a.out reasons (look in
gnu/usr.bin/binutils/Makefile).  I would guess that we can just add it
with strip if we are on an ELF platform.

I can't find genclass in the source tree at all - it looks like a old
c++ism.

Simon.