Subject: Re: simm question...
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/06/1998 09:27:39
> ok.  so I finally get around to bringing up one of these
> 5000/133's (with cpu upgrades from simon/davidb) and go to
> plug in this pile of simms I got and they're not right! I
> found a pile of 100 pin simms somewhere. they said 'DEC 1992'
> on them so I figured they gotta be decstation simms... Now I
> see I need 88 pin simms which I don't have any of ...
>
> What are the 100 pin simms for? a ds5500 or an alpha or something?

They are not for TURBOchannel Alphas.  DEC3000/300 has 72pin SIMM
(very looks like comventional SIMM) slots and DEC3000/600 has
horizontally inserted astonishingly huge memory modules in rows.

"1992 DEC vintage" sounds the modules were designed for supportedly
desktop systems prior to "Alpha generation."  Is it for late VAXen?

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology