Subject: Re: Boot crash 3100-current
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/03/1998 15:08:09
On Oct  3, 12:56pm, "Michael L. Hitch" wrote:
> On Oct  1, 11:50pm, William O Ferry wrote:
> > Since it sounds like libc is fixed for the pmax, I re-suped last night
> > and built another kernel on my 3100.  Unfortunately I can't tell if it
> > helped the swap problem 'cuz the new kernel won't even get that far.
> > Here's what I get:
> > Beginning old-style SCSI device autoconfiguration
> >
> > [at this point the system locks with the hard drive light on]
>   I'm going to build a kernel from my September 9 sources and see if
> the 3100 fails with that one as well.

  Well, the September 9 sources don't work either.  I built a kernel from
August 23 sources, and that one booted OK.  I also just booted a kernel
built from August 29 sources.  Whatever broke was between August 29 and
September 9.

  Hmmm - there was some reworking of the DS3100 interrupt processing between
those two dates.  I'd suspect something is wrong in those changes.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant