Subject: Ultrix RC5-Client under -current ?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Gutschner <Marc.Gutschner@triplan.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/02/1998 15:30:20
Hi,

since there is no NetBSD/pmax RC5 client at distributed.net (yet ?), I
wanted to give the Ultrix/MIPS client a try. I have a couple of PMAXen
(mainly /200's) at home that want to do something "useful" ;)

So I've created a kernel with ULTRIX support and sucked the client. I
can configure it, i.e. it pops up its config menu and I can make changes
but when I try to run it, it opens up a connection to a key-block server
and the dies miserably with a core dump ;( Is this due to the recent
changes in the signal handling stuff in -current or is there some
special ritual I'll have to perform before running Ultrix binaries ?
I've already set up a '/emul/ultrix' hierarchy with a "svc.conf" in it
and looking at the 'kdump' output it looks like all goes well until
there is something sent to the socket the client is listening to (the
last thing before the coredump is somthing like 'sigalarm' - machines at
home, me at work ;))

Can anyone here confirm my theory ? Is there a way to get the PMAXen to
participate in the RC5 contest ?

MTIA,
Marc