Subject: Re: Back again!
To: None <John.Breslin@ucg.ie>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/02/1998 10:08:29
On Thu, 01 Oct 1998 19:31:20 +0000 (GMT)  John.Breslin@ucg.ie wrote:

> Just finished the installation of the basic sets (left out X as not
> enough space on first drive) - I have edited rc.conf and changed
> rc_configured=YES

Note that you may need to do more than just this, especially if your
machine is on a network.  It pays to go right through rc.conf (it's not
that long).  Things like "hostname" and perhaps "domainname" need to set
up, and an entry for "ifconfig_le0"(which will look something like

	ifconfig_le0="inet <your-host-ip> netmask <your-netmask>"

> but it still boots
> up in single user mode and prompts for the shell - also / seems to be
> read only :-/

As someone else mentioned, you need to add "-a" to the boot string.  You
had a 5000/1<something> didn't you?  If you have a 3100, you'd need to
type "auto" instead of "boot".

Simon.