Subject: Boot crash 3100-current
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/01/1998 23:50:56
    My last sup & compile before the libc breakage didn't go so well,
the kernel refuses to configure swap (mentioned that before here).
Since it sounds like libc is fixed for the pmax, I re-suped last night
and built another kernel on my 3100.  Unfortunately I can't tell if it
helped the swap problem 'cuz the new kernel won't even get that far.
Here's what I get:

DECstation 2100 or 3100 (PMAX)
real mem  = 25165824
avail mem = 20267008
using 614 buffers containing 2514944 bytes of memory
mainbus0 (root)
cpu0 at mainbus0: MIPS R3000 CPU Rev. 2.0 with MIPS R3010 FPC Rev. 2.0
        L1 cache: 64kb/0b Instruction, 64kb/0b Data. Direct mapped.
kn01bus0 at mainbus0ibus0 at kn01bus0
pm0 at ibus0 (1024x864x8) (console)
dc0 at ibus0
le0 at ibus0: address xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
le0: 32 receive buffers, 8 transmit buffers
sii0 at ibus0
mcclock0 at ibus0: mc146818 or compatible
Beginning old-style SCSI device autoconfiguration

[at this point the system locks with the hard drive light on]

    Went back to the 9/7 kernel and it's working fine (with the
exception of swap...  =)  Any thoughts?

Also a few comments.  Obviously from the above there's a missing \n
after mainbus0...  =)  Also, I've always been curious, why does my
R2000/2010 get recognized as a 3000/3010?  I believe it always has, is
there just no way to tell them apart?  Also, out of curiosity, what's
the "/0b" for the caches?  Is it not figuring out the linesize or
something?

    Thanks in advance.

                                                          Will Ferry