Subject: Getting there!
To: None <PORT-PMAX@netbsd.org>
From: None <John.Breslin@ucg.ie>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/01/1998 11:55:03
Okay I have shortened my exported dir to 15 characters and all is working well,
kind of - I netboot and get to the # prompt, run sysinst but just before the
disklabel stage it kicks up an error on writing /etc/fstab.  It seems that I
can't write to the nfs dir at all, despite having exported it with (rw) mode.
This is strange as a .cshrc and .profile does exist on the nfs drive.  I saw
some message about not logging in as root, instead to use su, but I can do
neither - do I have to login as a user in order to run sysinst successfully?

All the best,

John.