Subject: Re: DS5000/120 boot hangs :-/
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/01/1998 08:57:51
> According to "cnfg" command in the PROM prompt, I have a PMAG-BA, this
> seems to be supported, and I should not need to use a terminal as
> console :-/ Any other reason why the netbsd.ecoff halts after the scc0
> line?

Current implementation of scc.c does hardware reset at the very
moment.  If NetBSD/pmax kernel (mistakenly) recoginizes it has been
booted from serial console rather than bitmap display console, scc.c
starts to divert output to DB25 port during boottime configuration
stage.

It might be possible PROM console/osconsole variables were screwed up, then
findcons.c logic got confused (Guess, guess)

PMAG-BA (CX) should be a supported framebuffer device.  Can anyone out
there use it with NetBSD/pmax?

> Ja mata,

Yoroshiku :->

Tohru Nishimura
Information Technology Centre
Nara Institute of Science and Technology