Subject: Re: DS5000/120 boot hangs :-/
To: John Breslin <John.Breslin@ucg.ie>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/30/1998 08:02:41
>Hi!
>
>So basically you think my video adapter is not supported.

Thats the best  guess, yes.
I would remove the serial terminal, put the keyboard back, and
boot to the PROM prompt (>>). Then do
	>>> cnfg

and it'll tell you what the graphics card is. None of PMAG-C, PMAG-D,
PMAG-E, or PMAG-F are supported.  If you have one of tehse, do
	>> setenv console *

then plug in the terminal, remove the keyboard, and powercycle.  that
will automagically direct console I/O to the framebuffer when the
keyboard is in, and to the serial console otherwise.

>I am plugging in a VT420 terminal into the serial port 2 on the DS5000/120
>but no response.  What speed do the serial ports communicate at?

9600, 8 bits, no parity, null-modem cable, the DB-25 next to the
reset button.