Subject: Re: DS5000/120 boot hangs :-/
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/30/1998 19:53:18
> Can anyone help me out here - I have two DS5000/120s that are both
> hanging after a certain stage in the tftp/bootp process...
>
>>boot 3/tftp
> scc0 at asic0 offset 0x100000 priority 6

Mmmm, next line should be scc1, then clock0, then asc0.

I guess you are using bitmap display console which happens to be
unsupported by NetBSD/pmax.  If you are using bitmap display console,
prepare a terminal and hook it with 3MIN serial port.  Make sure not
to have any keyboard/mouse connected behind chasis.

Supported TURBOchannel option cards are listed on NetBSD/pmax pages on
NetBSD WWW (nice work, Simon!)

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology