Subject: Re: FYI: progress with in-tree toolchain on mips
To: None <imp@village.org, jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/30/1998 10:58:34
> >I seem to have stale info on arc patches.  Where can I get the current
> >set of them?
>
> Sorry, iwasnt very clear. The patches per se (changes to to
> sys/arch/mips) have been folded in, with the sole exception of some
> cache-handling changes which dont seem to work on mips3 pmaxes.
>
> The acutal /sys/arch/arc tree itself is not yet in the NetBSD CVS
> tree; I dont have any newer info on that than the pointer you have.

There is the bug of serial handling. (it doesn't harm kernel console
output, but harms userlevel output. Yes, it reaches single user mode,
with very dirty hack.)

Do you want current snapshot ?
If so, I'll put it on ftp site.

(There are many things to do, cache handling fix, serial handling fix,
 migration to new wscons, test on Magnum, Pica and DESKstation...)
--
soda