Subject: Abnormal mouse behaviour on Personal DS
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Brighten Godfrey <godfreyb@bigw.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/29/1998 22:50:09
Hi,

On several Personal DECstation 5000/20s, a friend and I have noticed
strange, annoying behavior of the mouse: whenever the system load is high,
the mouse acts as though it is clicking, at random. (i.e. you move the
mouse over an xterm and it might select text even if you're not clicking
the mouse button.) When the system load is low, the mouse acts normally.

Keyboards, mice, and cables have been swapped, and this behavior has been
observed on several systems under different window managers. The mouse has
model #VSXXX-BB (a hockey puck mouse with two rollers), and the keyboard
is model #LK501-AA. We're running NetBSD 1.3.2.

Anyone else note this problem? Any solutions, ideas?

~Brighten
            Brighten Godfrey                   godfreyb@bigw.org
                       http://www.bigw.org/~godfreyb/