Subject: Re: FYI: progress with in-tree toolchain on mips
To: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/29/1998 19:09:07
>There is the bug of serial handling. (it doesn't harm kernel console
>output, but harms userlevel output. Yes, it reaches single user mode,
>with very dirty hack.)

Good news, well apart from the dirty hack :)

>Do you want current snapshot ?
>If so, I'll put it on ftp site.
>
>(There are many things to do, cache handling fix, serial handling fix,
> migration to new wscons, test on Magnum, Pica and DESKstation...)

yes, please. I'd appreciate that, I'm sure  Warner would too.

i think we reached agreement on the cache-handing in private email.
(the answer is: Just Do It).

re the new wscons: i like the idea of putting the arc port into the
CVS tree on a branch, so Matthias and others can help, if they wish.
But not before you think the arc code is ready.

and thanks for the update!