Subject: Re: New web pages for NetBSD/pmax
To: None <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/28/1998 10:28:32
Hi, Simon.

> Folks,
>
> I've updated the NetBSD/pmax home page to the new look and feel as seen
> in the Alpha and Vax pages.  There's still a little work to go

I think there are several points which can be immediately improved.

o maximum memory capacity on Personal DECstation

Personal DECstation has 8MB memory onboard with optional 4 SIMM slots.
Slots can be fullfilled with 2MB SIMM in pair or 8MB SIMM in pair.  So,
maximum capcity will be;

	24MB = 8 + 2 * 2 + 2 * 2
	40MB = 8 + 16 *2 + 16 * 2

Personal DECstation won't allow to have difference sized SIMM mixed.

o "Serial Desktop Bus for keyboard and mouse"

This is an independent circuit from Z85C30 and should be listed parallel
to Zilog SCC serial chip.

o maximum memory capacity of DECsystem5100

Maximum capacity is 128MB with MS44 modules in pairs.

o Trademarks

Should be "Prestoserve", not "PrestoServ."

o DEFTA TURBOchannel option card

"PMAF-F SAS Fibre Optic FDDI interface (DEFTA)" is supported by NetBSD/pmax.

o PMAF-AA Copper FDDI interface (DEFZA)

	"Same support issues as the DEFTA?? "

According to old discussion about this card, the 1st generation FDDI card
is obscure and weird, reveals poor performance.  It would be possible to
have the interface card supported when someone want to try.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology