Subject: Re: 5000/200 question
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/22/1998 09:02:24
Hi.

> A while ago i saw a bunch of posts on how to make a 5000/200 use
> a serial console as opposed to a monitor...how can i make it use a
> serial console WITHOUT a monitor :) I dont have a DEC monitor here

The most effective approach is to pull out the TURBOchannel
framebuffer option card from your /200 chasis.  However, it will be
worthwhile to try to disconnect keyboard/mouse cable from chasis, then
to watch what will happen on serial output after poweron.  I think the
system should automagically select serial console in that case.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology