Subject: Re: Help - X dies...
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Brighten Godfrey <godfreyb@bigw.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/20/1998 16:35:24
On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Richard van den Berg wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Brighten Godfrey wrote:
>
> > I'm running NetBSD 1.3.2 on a DECstation 5000/120.
> >
> > X starts fine, runs for about 5 minutes, and then quits suddenly, briefly
> > flashing a "silo overflow" error on the screen.  Any ideas for what I can
> > do to fix this?
>
> Is this reproduceable or does this happen while you haven't done anything
> after X has started? I had a dying X because of a dying font server (on a
> Linux box that is) happened only once though caused by Netscape.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

It happens every time I start X, without fail. However, it does seem that
if I just let it sit without doing anything, it takes longer to die. Also,
sometimes there isn't any error message when it dies.

This isn't a hardware problem - I moved the hard drive to a different
DS5000/120 and it does the same thing.  Is it a problem with the
installation, maybe? Does anyone else with NetBSD 1.3.2 on a DS5000/120
have this problem?

Thanks,
Brighten Godfrey
godfreyb@bigw.org