Subject: Re: broken tcpdump in 1.3.2 ?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Alfred Arnold <alfred@ccac.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/17/1998 21:47:43
>        Have you tried the fix suggested in:
>        http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=5348
>        (it fixes whats ounds like the same problem on sparc)
>
>                David/absolute

I opted for recompiling tcpdump an libpcap from the origian sources.
It's running perfectly now.  The autoconfigure script of libpcap checks
if the target platform allows misaligned accesses (and sets it correctly
for the pmax...).  Seems this flag was set wrong for the 1.3.2 tcpdump...

Alfred Arnold                         E-Mail: alfred@ccac.rwth-aachen.de
Computer Club at the                  Phone: +49-241-406526
Technical University of Aachen        Fax:   +49-241-406527
topics: Turbo-Pascal, UNIX/NetBSD, Switch-Mode Power Supplies

"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge