Subject: broken tcpdump in 1.3.2 ?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Alfred Arnold <alfred@ccac.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/17/1998 09:05:22
Hi,

does anyone else have problems with the tcpdump program coming with
NetBSD/pmax 1.3.2?  I installed 1.3.2 on a 3100, on a 5000/200, and a
5000/240, and it's all the same: I start tcpdump (without additional
parameters, to get the whole traffic on the net, and tcpdump dies with a
segv within seconds.  It might list one or two pages before it happens,
but it's not reproducible...

Alfred Arnold                         E-Mail: alfred@ccac.rwth-aachen.de
Computer Club at the                  Phone: +49-241-406526
Technical University of Aachen        Fax:   +49-241-406527
topics: Turbo-Pascal, UNIX/NetBSD, Switch-Mode Power Supplies

"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge