Subject: Re: Prestoserve NFS "accelerator" ?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/14/1998 13:19:46
On Sep 14, 10:38am, Jonathan Stone wrote:
> NetBSD doesn't support the PrestoServe board, since we've never have
> one to test with.  If we did, adding config-time support would be
> straighforward. Actually doing the acceleration via write-to-NVram
> would be trickier.

  I have one in a 5000/200.  The PROM recognizes it as a PrestoServe
non-volatile memory, but I do not know how it does it.

  I have been working on a modified memory sizer code, and have it
recognizing non-contiguous memory and a hack to not include the PresotServe
memory in the NetBSD memory list.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu