Subject: dumb monitor question: What works with PMAG-C, PMAG-D, SFB?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/21/1998 13:00:16
Hi all,

I'm finally getting motivated to get monitor(s) to do something with
the accelerated TC framebuffers.  I have an SFB, PMAG-C, and PMAG-E,
and if possible I'd like to get one monitor that works with all of
them.  Can I do that with a standard DEC monitor?  If so, what kind?

There's also local source of surplus VR299-Ds.

Will those work with any of the above cards, or are they just a larger
display for the 1024x876 pmax/vaxstation sync-on-green display (e.g., vr297)?

Failing that, if I go for a multisync monitor that can handle
sync-on-green, could someone repost what the fixed-frequency rates for
the SFB, PMAG-C, and PMAG-E are, so I can shop for a monitor that'll
work?

thanks
--Jonathan