Subject: Re: le0: lost carrier?
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Trevor Schroeder <tschroed@acm.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/21/1998 15:17:39
On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Ted Lemon wrote:

> I have one of those too.  It has an AUI port.  It's not a 10baseT
> connector.  It's that 15-hole D-shell connector with the weird clamp
> on it.  You can plug a 10baseT tranceiver into it.  It works.
> Tranceivers are about $35.

*nods* yeah, i've got a 10baseT tranceiver on there.  The only time I get
carrier lost messages is when i disconnect the patch cable.  However, if the
system is not plugged into a network, DEC shipped 'em with an AUI terminator
that should be in place.
I'll always remember the words that he said,// Trevor Schroeder
over and over, they ring through my head.  // tschroed@acm.org
"Go ahead, shoot me, I'm already dead."   // http://duckdog.wsc.edu/~tschroed
I can see there's more than one victim. -- Black 47